Daytour: Cotopaxi 1 day
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Product code: Coto1day
Due to its perfectly symmetrical cone, covered in a thick blanket of snow and ice, the Cotopaxi is one of the
tourist highlights in Ecuador and it’s most visited and climbed volcano. The Cotopaxi National Park is situated in a beautiful paramo plateau, where wild horses graze on the extensive plains at the foot of the volcano or gather to drink at the lovely Limpiopungo lagoon, which reflects the white peaks of nearby Volcan Rumiñahui and makes a great spot for watching waterfowl and other birds.
Walking in the National Park, you will notice pumice, ash, stone and other volcanic debris amid the tiny
páramos plants. On a day trip to the Cotopaxi National Park it is possible to drive as high as 4500m, then trek up a sandy scree slope to reach the snout of the glacier at 5000m.
Prepare to hike, bike and smile. Trekking for all ages but biking must be experienced or confident with downhill biking.ITINERARY
- 06:30 Meet at meeting point for breakfast, CarpeDM Office (Antepara and Los Ríos, Old Town sector)
- 07:00 Transfer to the Cotopaxi National Park
- 09:30 Enter Cotopaxi National Park
- 10:00 The guide will give explanation of the area, volcanoes, vegetation, animals etc.
- 10:30 4600m car park, begin hike up to the refuge
- 12:30 Reach refuge at 4.864m. return to parking lot
- 13:00 Equipment Check – Begin Bike ride back to the Limpiapungo lake
- 14:00 Arrive at Limpiapungo lake.
- 15:00 Eat lunch
- 15:30 Return to Quito
- Breakfast - Lunch - Snack
- Mountain Bike with Helmut, Kneepads, Elbowpads * This is an optional activity of approximately 30 minutes. Should be experienced / confident rider.
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- Additional Snacks / Beverages
WHATS TO BRING
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Gloves, scarf, hat
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Extra snacks and water
- $50 per person with minimum 3 people - shared tour
- Private tour is also possible at a price of $160,00 per person (1 person)
- Private tour is also possible at a price of $90,00 per person (2 people minimum)
- Ask us if we have a tour confirmed for your date or check our online calender